Podés ser el/la CEO de una startup de biotecnología
13 de mayo de 2022
CITES, biotech startup que desarrolla tecnología para detectar el cáncer en etapas tempranas, busca un/a Chief Executive Officer para sus oficinas en Argentina.
>> Postulate acá
The company is a biotech startup developing a new and easier way to detect cancer at early stages. We are building a technology platform, with high sensitivity and specificity, which allows the early detection of cancer, looking for biomarkers in a simple blood draw (liquid biopsy). Our first target application under development is focused on the detection of colorectal cancer in screening and/or clinical diagnostic mode. The technology has the flexibility and the potential to expand across, to cover other types of cancer. In the development pipeline are breast, lung and ovary.
The company was founded in 2021, based on the research work, and vision, of a group of oncology researchers from Mendoza, Argentina. Based on the knowledge and experience accumulated in his lab, this platform technology is now being refined and optimized at the company to be an accessible and non-invasive solution for screening cancer.
In 2021, the company closed its Seed round, and we are now executing against our aggressive but realistic roadmap. We are looking to expanding our team and build up muscle to face the upcoming milestones on our journey.
About the role
We are looking for a CEO to lead and drive our operations in Argentina. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, able of drive and align the local team with the vision, mission and long-term goals of the global company. Likewise, we are looking for great people management skills, constantly contributing to the team’s development, whilst keeping an eye on execution for the benefit of achieving the short- and long-term objectives. In addition, working alongside other executives in the company (global and local), it will be expected for the candidate to co-lead the fundraising efforts, traveling internationally, when required.
- Co-lead the strategic planning exercises, along with the scientific and management team, towards strengthening the company’s business model.
- Prepare, report and present to the Board of Directors (monthly/quarterly) the ongoing developments of the company.
- Direct, motivate and invigorate the team, ensuring cohesion and fluent communication among the group members, some of which may work remotely.
- Manage the company's budget and financing needs according to plan, alongside with the talent/HR needs.
- Prepare the company (presentation material, and supporting documentation), for a fundraising process to be initiated soon for its Series A in close collaboration with managers and advisors.
- Generate and maintain an active relationship with different stakeholders, such as VCs, advisors, strategic partners, incumbents, and others constantly looking out to advance the Company’s positioning.
The ideal candidate will provide
- Demonstrated experience in previous similar leadership roles, preferred in startups or smaller business units within corporations.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a high talent, high pace, and high uncertainty environment.
- Graduates in Business, Engineering, or Finance, with a previous exposure/experience in Biotech industry (MA or PhD in Science a plus).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- English proficiency is required.
- Organizational and team management skills, capable of nurturing the team in a remote working environment.
- Great attention to details and highly organized project manager.
- Availability to travel within Argentina, and internationally (USA/Europe).